Saturday, August 09, 2008

The Trip Home

Today was the Jordan canoe trip. The Jordans less my sister, plus my cousin Nate, who is visiting for a few weeks and will be in 10th grade in the fall. Nate and I make a pretty good Mario Kart team. We also dominated our kayaks. This is us before the trip. Before the torrential rain. Before the hail. Before Nate flipped his kayak. We came across some Boy Scouts before the rain hit. Let it be noted, they were no better prepared than we were.


However, things cleared up nicely this evening. This is the view from where I blog.


This is the view from where I was reading earlier.



And this is our BB gun. There are a few various rodents for whom the orders are to shoot first and let God sort them out. I'm a crack shot.



Why no one ever wants to come home with me, I do not know. I haven't even talked about my mom's food. She just put a rhubarb pie in the oven.

No comments: