Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Love, Love, Love; Or, Three Prompts for Later

I've got a few blog entries that haven't made it past the mental moderator yet. I figure if my thoughts don't seem coherent to me, they certainly won't be edifying to you. So, here's a little list of things I have been considering recently that, if I had more time and mental energy, would be individual posts:

1. In Acts 10 God declares unclean animals clean. Peter interprets this through the lens of table fellowships to mean that Gentiles are being welcomed into the covenant community. Later, Paul exhorts Gentiles, though not morally bound to do so, to observe Jewish food laws. It strikes me as loving acts of considering the other greater than yourself on both ends of the deal.

2. I was impressed by how significant love for other believers is in Paul's first letter to the Thessalonians. It's directly linked to sanctification.

3. The church is a fantastic thing. I'm very thankful for it.

No comments: